java ticker javaticker
For the investor:
stock ticker stockticker stock tickers
java stock ticker
Enter symbols: 
 symbol lookup 
Compound Annual Growth Rate Calculator compound annual growth rate calculator Energy Futures energy futures
news ticker news tickers
stock charts
 • Headlines: Monday, August 26, 1:50 AM   (More news)
custom stock charts custom chart software
 
  New Mexico police arrested a 19-year-old man in connection to a shooting at a house party that left three people dead and four others wounded.Bishop Henderson was arrested Sunday afternoon and charged with aggravated battery, the Hobbs Police Department said in a press release, adding that further charges could follow as it is "still a very active investigation."Police responded shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday to reports of a loud party and shots fired at a home in Hobbs, some 115 miles from Roswell. Upon arrival, police found seven gunshot victims, according to the statement.Khalil Carter, 18; Kristal Avena, 24; and Lamar Lee-Kane, Jr., 22, were all pronounced dead at the scene while Michael Major, 21; Turon Windham, 20; Rontrell Hills, 23; and Jasmine Stansell, 20, were transported to a local hospital.Michael Major has seen been released from the hospital while Windham, Hills and Stansell were airlifted to a Lubbock, Texas, area hospital for further treatment, police said.The University of Southwestern confirmed that Lee-Kane was a student at the school and a member of the Mustang's basketball team."We ask you pray for the school as a whole as well the Lee-Kane family," the university's student media department said in a tweet.University of The Southwest Student Media Department is saddened by the passing of current Mustang basketball player Lamar Kee-Kane, who passed away this morning after a tragic incident. We ask you pray for the school as a whole as well the Lee-Kane family.— USW Student Media (@USWSM) August 25, 2019Police said Henderson was being held at the Hobbs City Jail until his arraignment.
  Controversial former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio announced that he was running for his old Maricopa County job on Sunday, two years to the day since President Donald Trump pardoned him for a federal contempt conviction."Watch out, world! We're back," Arpaio said in a press release announcing his bid to run for a record seventh term.Arpaio, 87, held the position of Maricopa's sheriff from 1993 to 2016 when in November he lost re-election to retired police Sgt. Paul Penzone. Arpaio's 24 years in office made him the country's longest-serving top cop.In his announcement, Arpaio said he will re-open "Tent City Jail," a policy that brought the self-proclaimed "America's toughest sheriff" national attention and criticism for creating a tent camp where people he identified as illegal immigrants were imprisoned.He also said he would "reinstate the Posse to its former strength" and enforce all Arizona laws concerning drug trafficking, sex trafficking and crimes associated with the border and illegal immigration."I will continue to stand and fight to do the right thing for Arizona and America, and will never surrender," Arpaio said. "Those who break the law will have to deal with this sheriff."He said the last four years since he held the position have been "a time of lost opportunities to continue the kind of tough policing this country needs.""Once back in office, I will use my position to restore pride to our law enforcement ranks, not only here in the fourth-largest county in America, but across the country," he said.The announcement comes two years to the day since U.S. President Donald Trump pardoned Arpaio, who had been convicted July 31, 2017, for criminal contempt for ignoring a federal judge's order to cease detaining people on suspicion of having entered the United States illegally.Arpaio had called his conviction a political witch hunt by President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder while Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., called Trump's pardon a "mockery of rule of law and says communities of color can be targeted and abused [with] total impunity."
  A natural gas explosion tore through a Maryland shopping center Sunday, leaving the building all but destroyed though no one was injured in the incident, authorities said.The explosion occurred inside the Columbia building, some 26 miles southwest of Baltimore, before 8 a.m., Howard County Executive Calvin Ball said."It was so powerful it could be heard in communities many miles away," Ball said.The blast caused "significant structural damage" to the building and once the area is deemed safe an investigation into the explosion will begin, Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services said in a statement.Howard County Fire & Rescue Battalion Cheif Stephen Hardesty said, "the building is probably totalled."Firefighters and paramedics were dispatched to the scene at 7 a.m. in response to a fire alarm sounding at the shopping center, but the emergency was quickly upgraded to a gas leak upon their arrival and they began evacuating the building and the surrounding area, the fire department said."Fortunately, because of their actions and because this happened on a Sunday morning when no one was inside the building, there are no reported injuries at this time," Ball said, adding that he has asked the county's economic development authority to aid businesses and workers affected by the blast."We will do everything possible to minimize the impact of this explosion," he said.Widespread power outages were reported in nearby areas, affecting local business, according to Howard County fire.Baltimore Gas and Electric said in a statement that inspectors had not discovered any related issues in nearby buildings."As recently as July 2019 we performed a scheduled inspection of the gas main and equipment serving this area and found no issues," the company said.BGE said it had a crew at the site in response to a call concerning a potential leak when the explosion occurred."BGE crews have turned off gas services and are currently working closely with the fire department," it said on Twitter. "Once it is safe to do so, BGE will investigate the cause of the incident."Howard County said the blast damaged a nearby government building but all county offices and services will be open on Monday.
  Just announced at #D23Expo: "Marvel's #SpideyAndHisAmazingFriends" is coming to @DisneyJunior! Learn more: https://t.co/JOFkMhJheV @DisneyD23 pic.twitter.com/tflpZ4xUiX— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) August 24, 2019A new original animated series called Marvel's Spidey and His Amazing Friends is set to debut on Disney Junior in 2021.The first, full-length Marvel series for the Disney Junior audience is expected to follow the adventures of Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy."Preschool kids already love Spidey, so they'll be delighted to have Peter Parker thwipping across their screens in this new series," Cort Lane, senior vice president of Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment, said in a statement. "Everyone at Marvel is thrilled to launch our first preschool series on Disney Junior, the gold standard platform for the audience. We believe parents and kids will be excited about these stories filled with themes of friendship, cooperation, solving problems and using your abilities to help others."Disney Junior's sister station Disney Channel said it ordered Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, an original cartoon based on Marvel's comic books about 13-year-old "super-genius" Lunella Lafayette and her "10-ton T-Rex."Laurence Fishburne is a producer on the show."As an avid comic book fan, I am thrilled to be involved with Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Disney Channel is the perfect platform to explore this pint-sized female African American superhero and I can't wait for their audience to enjoy the lighthearted adventures of Lunella and Devil Dinosaur," Fishburne said in a press release.The shows were first announced at Disney's D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif. this weekend.No voice cast members have been revealed yet.Based on the hit comic book series, "Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur" is heading to @DisneyChannel! Learn more: https://t.co/ABOYe047YT #D23Expo— Marvel Entertainment (@Marvel) August 24, 2019
  Rory McIlroy surged past world No. 1 Brooks Koepka and Xander Schauffele to win the FedEx Cup and $15 million, the largest payout in golf history, Sunday at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta.With birdies on the final two holes, McIlroy carded a 4-under 66 Sunday to finish four shots ahead of runner-up Schauffele at the storm-delayed Tour Championship. Justin Thomas and Koepka each finished at 13-under in the FedEx Cup finale.McIlroy, who was the No. 5 seed and started at 5-under in the new format, joined Tiger Woods as the only players to secure two FedEx Cup wins since it began in 2007. He also surpassed Jordan Spieth, Woods and Thomas for the most earnings ($24.3 million) in a single PGA Tour season."I must say, I didn't enjoy that walk last year like everybody else did," McIlroy told reporters after his round, referring to the 2018 finale. "I played terribly, I got myself into the final group and never took the fight to Tiger."Going up against the No. 1 player in the world today, [Koepka] got one over on me in Memphis and I wanted to sort of try to get some revenge today. So, to play like that alongside Brooks and get the win, win the FedEx Cup, it's awesome. And it's amazing how different things can be in a year."Champion again. @McIlroyRory is reunited with the #FedExCup.#LiveUnderPar pic.twitter.com/JMXaiuXl0q— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) August 25, 2019Koepka held a one-shot advantage through six holes but had a double bogey at No. 7. Then, McIlroy sank a birdie putt to push him into the lead.McIlroy pulled away with four birdies on the back nine, while Koepka had a string of three bogeys at No. 12, 13 and 14."He just played better," Koepka said. "I mean, he played great golf today, pretty much mistake-free. He was impressive to watch."The last putt of the season. @McIlroyRory finishes in style @PlayoffFinale.He's the 2019 #FedExCup champion. #LiveUnderPar pic.twitter.com/BA4OvCrnnv— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) August 25, 2019Schauffele won $5 million as the tournament's runner-up. Thomas and Koepka shared third place and earned $3.5 million each.
  Just Announced: @SterlingKBrown (Lieutenant Matthias) and @EvanRachelWood (Queen Iduna) have joined the cast of #Frozen2, coming to theaters November 22. #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/xCGGDEJhFo— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) August 24, 2019Westworld star Evan Rachel Wood and This is Us actor Sterling K. Brown have joined the voice cast of Frozen 2.The latest casting for the sequel to 2013's Frozen was announced this weekend at Disney's D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif."FINALLY!! I can announce I will be voicing Anna & Elsa's mother 'Queen Iduna' in #disney's #frozen2 This is an absolutely DREAM COME TRUE," Wood tweeted.Brown will play a character named Lt. Matthias.Returning for the fairy-tale follow-up are the original movie's stars Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad.The film is set to open in theaters on Nov. 22.Frozen was about what happens when a Scandinavian princess discovers her sister, the queen, has supernatural powers that allow her to command ice and snow.Check out the brand new #Frozen2 poster from #D23Expo. See the film in theaters November 22. pic.twitter.com/vLceqWLnsI— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) August 24, 2019
  The Green Bay Packers released former second-round pick Josh Jones, three months after the defensive back requested a trade.The Packers announced the roster move Sunday. Earlier in the day, the safety posted on social media that the team had informed him of his release."It's been real Green Bay," Jones wrote on Twitter.Jones skipped a portion of the Packers' off-season program and eventually requested to be either traded or released in May, league sources told ESPN.The Packers selected Jones with the No. 61 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft out of North Carolina State. He played in 29 games in two seasons with Green Bay, garnering 12 starts. He recorded 100 tackles, one interception and three sacks.Green Bay signed former Chicago Bears safety Adrian Amos to a four-year contract this off-season, pushing Jones into a backup role. The Packers also used a first-round pick in this year's draft to select safety Darnell Savage Jr.Jones, who has had a tumultuous off-season with the Packers, hadn't practiced in about two weeks due to an undisclosed illness, according to ESPN.
  Washington Redskins quarterback Case Keenum will start the team's regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 8.The team announced Sunday that Keenum won the starting job over Ohio State Buckeyes rookie Dwayne Haskins. Redskins head coach Jay Gruden told reporters it isn't a week-to-week competition and Keenum will keep his spot atop the depth chart as long as he produces."The experience factor is something you really lean upon, and Case has been productive in practice and some of the games," Redskins head coach Jay Gruden said. "Case has come in here and picked up the offense extremely well. He had great confidence and command over the team."We have great confidence Case can lead us to a win against Philadelphia."The Redskins selected Haskins with the No. 15 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. Keenum, who has started all three preseason games this year, separated himself from the rookie gunslinger over the course of this month.Washington acquired Keenum in a trade with the Denver Broncos this off-season. He has started 54 games in his NFL career, including 30 contests in the last two years.Keenum posted an 11-3 record as the Vikings' starter in 2017 before signing with the Broncos in the off-season. The Redskins will mark the fifth team Keenum has started for.In 57 career NFL appearances with the Houston Texans, then-St. Louis Rams, Vikings and Broncos, Keenum has completed 62 percent of his throws with 12,661 yards, 64 touchdowns and 42 interceptions.
  Just Announced: Disney's Raya and the Last Dragon, starring @cassandrasteele (Raya) and @Awkwafina (Sisu, the Last Dragon). Check out all-new concept art, and see the film in theaters November 2020. #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/V40bv64IIp— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) August 24, 2019Disney announced this weekend that its animated movie Raya and the Last Dragon is slated to open in theaters in November 2020.Cassandra Steele will play Raya and Awkwafina will lend her voice to Sisu, the titular beast.They were in attendance when the project was announced at Disney's D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif. on Saturday.Steele is known for her work in Degrassi: The Next Generation and Awkwafina has appeared in Crazy Rich Asians and Ocean's 8.The cast of @DisneyAnimation's new film Raya and the Last Dragon, @CassandraSteele and @Awkwafina join the filmmakers on stage at #D23Expo. pic.twitter.com/2J9um56pwU— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) August 24, 2019
  The Gerard Butler thriller Angel Has Fallen is the No. 1 movie in North America, earning $21.3 million in receipts this weekend, BoxOfficeMojo.com announced Sunday.Coming in at No. 2 is Good Boys with $11.8 million, followed by Overcomer at No. 3 with $8.2 million, The Lion King at No. 4 with $8.15 million and Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw at No. 5 with $8.14 million.Rounding out the top tier are Ready or Not at No. 6 with $7.6 million, The Angry Birds Movie at No. 7 with $6.4 million, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark at No. 8 with $6 million, Dora and the Lost City of Gold at No. 9 with $5.2 million and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood at No. 10 with $5 million.

custom charts and custom tickers for your web site
stock quotes and news for your web site, intranet, or extranet
detailed quote lookup quote page company chart company charts
scrolling ticker scrolling tickers ticker applet